Sunday, May 24, 2020

Quick Cards Using Washi Tape


Looking for a quick and simple card design? I've got one here for you today that lets Washi Tape do all the hard work. Don't have Washi Tape or want a new design or two? We have hundreds of designs to choose from at our STORE. You're sure to find designs that you'd love to own.

I made four cards with the same design but with four different Washi Tape designs. From left to right, I used:
Bee Washi Tape and a Blue Glitter Enamel Dot
Copper Sparkle Foil Tape and a White Glitter Enamel Dot
Book Washi Tape and a Red Glitter Enamel Dot and
Map Washi Tape and a Blue Enamel Dot.

This is a great way to personalize a card for the recipient's hobbies or interests. It can instantly make a card feminine, masculine, whimsical, serious, juvenile or adult. Best of all, it's a quick but great card you can make when time is tight.

Here's a close-up of the bee card.


Let's take a peak inside the map card to show how I put another piece of white card stock inside with a strip of matching Washi Tape at the bottom. I sometimes also put a brad in the inside to accent the Washi Tape like here where I used the Anchor Brad in antique bronze. There are two other finished in this charming pack including shiny silver and pewter.


I like using Washi Tape on envelopes because it ties the whole look together and makes a great presentation when it's delivered to the recipient. I put it on the closer flap of each envelope and turn the excess Washi Tape to the back of it.


Stop by our YouTube Channel to see close ups of the cards and a tutorial with all the measurements. While you're there, like it and subscribe so you don't miss any new content. Click on the photo below to see the video or you can use this link: https://youtu.be/FC6ogdBv4uY


Are you inspired to try some of these yourself? Let me know what you think!

Janet Axtman - SugarShine Designs
Visit my YouTube Channel too!

No comments:

Post a Comment