Sunday, August 25, 2024

Teacher, You're Owlsome!



Greetings! Kids are going back to school now. From kindergarten to college, millions are starting a new year. My son is a sophomore in college this fall so there's no need to make a teacher card but old habits die hard! I am feeling nostalgic and I miss my son who has been gone a week now. So I decided to use one of my old favorite apple dies and create a card for a deserving teacher.

I started this card by cutting out 7 apples and pieced a stem and leaf to each one. I made a white A2 card base and dry embossed about 75% of it, leaving the cardstock plain toward the top where I was going to put the sentiment and brads. I arranged the apples over the embossed area and trimmed off the edges where they overlapped the card edge and where the embossing ended at the top. I added a couple Glasses Brads to help fill the space.

Then I cut a Thanks strip and applied it at border where the embossing ended. I cut another one in red and glued just the thanks word to the top of the first thanks die cut. I added Book Brads, Apple Brads, and Sketched Owl Brads. Finally I stamped the You're Owlsome on the front and I stamped "for being my teacher" on vellum. I cut the vellum into a strip and decorated it with green Cut Jewels on each end. I applied it to the card by dabbing glue behind the bling so the glue would be hidden. 


Thanks for joining me here today. Please visit the EO store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment