Sunday, August 18, 2024

A Wreath of Christmas Cheer


 Hello Eyelet Outlet fans! Janet here today with yes, a Christmas card! I hope you'll forgive such an early post but we have new holiday brads and well, you'll just have to forgive me for playing with them. It's too hard not to!

Wreaths are such a quintessential holiday symbol and I recently received some new dies to make wreaths so I thought I'd put one together and decorate it with EO brads and bling. The truth is that you can use just about any shapes to make wreaths but one secret to it all is to start with a donut shaped ring out of cardstock in the color you are using and build on top of it. This is similar to making real wreaths. My cardstock wreath elements all started as white pieces. The dies imprint the leaf veins so when I inked them up, the veins and other marks really come to life. I arranged one layer at a time and glued just the center of each leaf so that the edges would stay dimensional and allow me to tuck other leaves under them here and there. The goal is to make is look as realistic as you can. 

Once I was satisfied with the base wreath, I started attaching brads and bling. Here I used the new Angel Brads and added Pinecone Brads, Poinsettia Brads and Red Jewel Bling. Then I added two layers of foam tape which gives a good amount of lift. I gently shaped the edges of the wreath downward to create a slightly domed look which again mimics a real wreath. I debated adding a bow but decided to feature a Tree Retro Brad in the center instead. I like the clean and cheerful look this gave it.

To finish the card, I chose a striped holiday paper for the background and cut an arch shaped mat in white. I stamped Merry Christmas at the bottom and then I applied the wreath and the silver circle with the Tree Brad. There's a lot of white space toward the bottom so I added three Green Glitter Enamel Dots to the front. This is quite pretty and elegant don't you think?

SHOPPING LIST:

Thanks for joining me here today. Please visit the EO store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment