Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I'll Be Your Up


Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards!

I've been wanting to use the adorable Balloon Brads-Brights from Eyelet Outlet. They also have a pretty pastel version in the store.



When I saw this stamp set, Bella and Friends, from Stampin' Up, I thought it would pair up wonderfully with the balloons.  Here's the card I made, a standing pop-up card:



I cut the base from the Affectionately Yours DSP from Stampin' Up.  The mats were cut from Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight and Blackberry Bliss...I mention them by name as they're a perfect match to the balloons.  The image was stamped on White card stock and again on a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask when I sponged the cloudy sky with Soft Sky ink.  I added two extra strings as I wanted this pup to have a trio of balloons.  Here's a closer look:


 The enamel finish on these brads really picks up the light, doesn't it?

To finish off the card, I added Mini Flower Quicklets-Pastel with Purple Pearl Bling Strips in the centers. 




I cut a small tab for the top of the panel to added strength as the ribbon pull is threaded through it.  For those of you not familiar with this card fold, the beauty of it is that, while it is 3D for dislay, it folds flat for mailing.  This is the card closed for mailing:




Here you get a better look at the greeting, stamped on Whisper White and triple matted.  To accent, two more flowers.


I discovered, after making the card, the patterned paper (DSP) wasn't strong enough to hold the center panel upright.  To remedy the situation, I added panels of Cucumber Crush card stock slightly smaller than the sections inside.  Here's a picture of that just in case you ever encounter the same problem:


While you're here, have you checke out the Slide Show Gallery link for all the latest seasonal cards. You can also find EO on Facebook, Pinterest and now on Flickr!  Like or follow so you don't miss a thing.


 Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments:

  1. Your pop-up card is awesome, The colours are fabulous just what you need for this dreary weather. I love your use of the balloons and the flower quicklets. It's been eons since I made one of these cards what an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete