Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Just Sitting Here

It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my turn to post on Eyelet Outlet today!  Here's the card I made just because I wanted to use the adorable Squirrel Brads:



We have squirrels galore in our yard and, although many people consider them a nuisance, I really love to watch them.  The pose on this little fella is my favorite...when they sit up with their little paws holding an acorn.  I had this bench image which I thought would be a perfect place for Mr. Squirrel to sit.  I placed some greenery behind the bench for contrast, but the main attraction is certainly the Squirrel Brad.  Across the bottom, the greeting is typed using the AlwaysHere font.  Here's a closer look at the squirrel:



I matted the focal image on an oval of Cajun Craze and placed that on acorn patterned paper by Stampin' Up...not sure the name of the collection; it's old.  The card base is cut from Sahara Sand using a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store.

Inside the sentiment was typed using the same font on an oval with the bench off to the side as an accent and another squirrel.  I sponged the edges with Cajun Craze to finish.


And that does it!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

2 comments:

  1. Confession: I have a thing for squirrels. This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! We do, too. The neighbors don't appreciate the fact that we feed them.

      Delete