Saturday, June 2, 2018

An Egg-cellent Stamp Set

Hello everyone.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Some of my favorites Eyelet Outlet are the Bacon, Egg & Toast and Egg brads, so I was very happy when the complementary clear stamp set, Breakfast.  It gave me an "egg-cellent" opportunity to make these cards.

My first card is a standing easel card featuring one of the stamp images combined with the toast and Jewel Bling in two sizes.

I know some people would gasp when I say I snipped my clear stamp, removing the top piece so I could curve it across the top of the oval.  Next, I colored only the "without you" to place that on the banner against which the easel is propped.

I used cute digital patterned paper from the Rise & Shine collection by Northern Whimsy, changing the colors a bit to coordinate well with the brads.  It was also where I got my color cues for the stamping and cardstock.



Inside the easel, I stamped the final line of the stamp which demonstrates it works well as one image or separated as I've shown.  Another piece of toast as an accent and the card is done.



I also made the card in reverse colors.  I like them both, but I think the purple base is my favorite.



Another image in the set works perfectly with eggs.  I used the eggs from both brad sets I mentioned earlier.  For this card, I used some metal snips to cut one of the egg brads and colored the edge with a black marker.  I also drew a crack across another egg.  And the third...sunnyside up!



The digital plaid paper helped me pick the bright and cheerful cardstock for this sliding card.  The card was made using a cut file purchased in the Silhouette store.

If you haven't done so yet, be sure to check out all the clear stamps in the store.



Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment