Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Wedding Wishes

Hi, folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

June, the time for weddings!  And for the wedding and bridal shower cards, too.  Here's a shower card made with three of Eyelet Outlet's latest brad releases; the Wedding Brads (Ring and Champagne Glass) and the Dress Brads.

I made a gatefold card with soft colors and patterns which served as the perfect backdrop for the brads.  The alternating banners make for a unique opening.



A closer look at the brads reveals I added some Jewel Bling for the diamond with some additional bling around the "bubbly".  The dress brad comes in an assortment of colors, but I wanted my bride to wear white.  Fortunately, these brads take heat embossing like a champ.  After I attached the dress to the banner, I tucked a tiny bit of tulle as the veil with another jewel for the headpiece.



Inside, the Silver Bell Brads were just the right accompaniment to the sentiment.



After the shower come the nuptials and here's my second card helping to celebrate the big day.  In addition to the same Bell Brads in Gold this time, I used the Cross Brads, Glitter Gold Enamel Dots, and Color Wheel Washi Tape as my "stained glass" window.  The roof and doors were covered with Chalk Board Washi Tape.



The front doors open to reveal the greeting.



And here's the inside of the card.


 After the wedding, there's the reception!  And it wouldn't be complete without a wedding cake.  Here's my 3D version using the Fancy Long Bling with Pearls and Jewels.  There are those Bells again together with the Glitter Dot Washi.



The used the Glitter Washi as my color inspiration and even tinted the Pearls in the bling using Copic markers.  They take color beautifully.



When you're thinking weddings, think Eyelet Outlet for not only cards but decorations, favors, wrapping and scrapbook layouts to capture the memories.

I hope you enjoyed these wedding cards...see you next week with something new!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment