Thursday, November 21, 2019

Advent Calendar

Today I'm bringing you a Pinterest inspired project that I've wanted to make for several years now and finally got around to it this week!  I created an Advent Calendar for my granddaughter out of a muffin pan!


I began by cutting out circles from magnetic paper on my Cricut Maker.  The magnetic paper sticks to the muffin pan to cover the openings.  


Next the fun started!  Creating fun little designs to embellish the magnetic circles! Most, if not all, of my designs were elements found in Cricut Design Space.  


What really added to the project were the many Eyelet Outlet products I used!  The brad, bling, and enamel dots really jazzed this project up! Most came from our Holiday Collection.  


I used vinyl to apply the "Merry Christmas, Love Grandma & Grandpa."  Just a little FYI to save you some grief if you should decide to make one - spray paint doesn't stick to Teflon! I found that out the hard way!  :(   Look for a pan that isn't coated with a non-stick surface if you want to spray paint it.

Each day from December 1st through Christmas Eve, she will get to open up a little prize of candy, small toy, or money.  I can't wait to give this to her!


1 comment: