Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Santa's Summer Fun

Online papercrafters seem to embrace the "Christmas in July" phenomenon a little more each year, and I (Lauren) am all for it. Because let's face it, the job of making fifty or more holiday cards is just too big to do in December. Here are a few smaller cards I've created, using premade tags plus lots of adorable Eyelet Outlet goodies!


I designed this trio of cards to fit in 4-bar envelopes, so they measure just a hair under 3.5 x 5". I made the backgrounds and sentiment/accent borders by neatly lining up strips of Eyelet Outlet Washi Tape on plain white cardstock, then trimming them to size.


One of my best holiday "brad tricks" is to add majestic Antler Brads to sweet little cartoon reindeer stickers or stamps. They always look adorable and make me smile. I also added a small Snowflake Brad (the packs contain both small and large flakes) and two large ones to my background, which is made of Gingerbread Tape. The border band features one of my favorite Merry Christmas Tapes.
 

My second card has an Ornament Tape background that I especially love because it's printed so that you can line up the half ornaments at top and bottom to increase the illusion of looking at one solid sheet of patterned paper. I added a few gold Star Sequins to the star ornaments, as well as the background of the tag on which Santa and Mrs. Claus Brads are standing in front of the tag's tree. I added a Star Enamel to the top and made a band using scripty Merry Christmas Tape plus Ho Ho Ho Washi.

The last card features a tag with a super-cute Santa to whom I've given a Candy Cane Brad and a Holly Brad to decorate his hat. I added a few white Snowflake Sequins and mounted the tag on a background of fun Red Tree Tape whose pattern runs vertically. I used Christmas Tape with white, green and red lettering for a whimsical sentiment.


If you'd like more Christmas in July inspiration, please tune in to a special feature this weekend via FaceBook Live in which our own EO design team darling Janet Axtman of Sugar Shine Designs will be showing off many more beautiful cards and greetings. All the details on the Eyelet Outlet FaceBook Page!

makes holiday cards all
year long at Jingle Belles!

No comments:

Post a Comment