Wednesday, February 17, 2021

"Plant a Garden...

...Feed a Bunny!" is yet another sentiment that I  (Lauren) saw on a t-shirt, and immediately had an entire card idea, featuring my Eyelet Outlet Rabbits and some other garden-related brads. Since it was just before Valentine's Day, and I had heart-y cards that made more sense, I sketched it on a piece of scrap paper and set it aside. I'll show you that sketch in a minute, but first, let's see the card:



Generally, when I sketch an idea, it's just visual notes of things I want to remember; often the card I wind up making doesn't look much like the original sketch, but this time it really did!

My diecut circles are cut from a piece of watercolor paper on which I had painted green grass and blue sky and then... for some reason... abandoned. I adhered a piece of picket fence diecut to the largest (2") circle and added the Rabbit Brads and a Heart. The upper of my two 1.5" circles holds a Sun and Cloud Brad as well as a rainbow from the Unicorn and Rainbow set; the lower has a Gnome Brad (they're on sale!); a trowel from the Garden Tools set and a Mini Butterfly, which I hadn't realized was discontinued, but you could swap a full-sized Butterfly, or a Mini Bee. The two 1" circles feature a Sunflower and Mini Ladybug; and the carrot and broccoli from the Vegetable Brad Set (which is also on sale) respectively.

With a change of sentiment, this design could easily translate into an Easter card, a fun birthday greeting for a gardener, or maybe even an anniversary card? That's the great thing about creativity, when you plant an idea, you never know what you might harvest later!

loves watching the 
bunnies in her backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment