Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Seashore Garden...

 ...is the name of this beautiful tape from Eyelet Outlet and the only thing I (Lauren) love more than the name is the tape itself!


The Seashore Garden Tape is interesting for its style as well as its look; instead of being a continuous long repeat, the design is actually six different boxes, in which there is a coordinating scene that has fish, sea creatures, shells, coral and flowers. So my first question was, "Do I use this in long strips, or do I cut it down and use the individual boxes?" but pretty quickly I realized the answer was: BOTH! For my first card, I made a note-quite-A2 sized background by lining up three strips of this inch-wide tape, which I matted on a panel of Glitter Copper Tape, mulberry cardstock and a soft mottled lavender paper. I diecut and matted an oval, as well as a strip to hold my Lawn fawn stamped sentiment, "I *sea* it's your birthday". I filled the oval with some trout from the Trout and Bass Brads and accessorized with Shell Corner Brads as well as starfish and sand dollars from the Sea Shore Brad Set


For my second card, I applied a long strip of Seashore Garden Tape to plain white cardstock, then trimmed it down into the six individual boxes that make up the entire design. I matted each one on a rich kraft cardstock, scattered some TroutShell CornerSea Shore and Shell Brads to a few of the squares and affixed them to a white A6 card with a torn bit of the leftover lavender paper from the first card. 


I love that both of these cards use ALL the same ingredients... but each is quite unique! I'm anxious to try this two-fer method on some of our other Eyelet Outlet Washi Tapes.

loves the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment