Saturday, July 24, 2021

Having flown the earth for 300 million years...

Hello, Eyelet Outlet fans! I hope you've had a great week! Leslie here, sharing a pretty mixed media canvas featuring our new Dragonfly Brads that hit the store last week. I also used Purple Enamel Dots and White Pearl Bling on the background to compliment the brads. I typically make cards and ATCs as inspiration projects for this team and wanted to create something a little different this time.

I started by covering the canvas with white gesso and then added lots of texture with stencils, grit paste and texture paste. I spritzed a variety of glimmer mists and color washes randomly over the entire canvas, hit it lightly with water, and let it all run together. The fun part about this is you never know what you're going to get - some areas are darker/lighter than others and it's totally random! Using writing and texture stamps and purple archival ink, I stamped randomly over the canvas. 


I added a dragonflies meaning that I die cut and layered along with a variety of paper flowers, a purple seam binding bow, a purple crafting cord bow, and a little wooden gear. The final touch was adding Dragonfly BradsPurple Enamel Dots and White Pearl Bling to the background to complete the canvas.


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!


Leslie from Love To Scrap 2

No comments:

Post a Comment