Thursday, July 1, 2021

Christmas in July

Let's beat the summer heat today by thinking about Christmas!  I broke out my Eyelet Outlet holiday brads to create this sweet gingerbread card.


For this card I chose one of the many sliders in the Cricut image library. These look great with ribbon running through the cut outs, but today I wanted to use the Eyelet Outlet red and white dot washi tape, so I applied the washi to a strip of card stock to serve as my ribbon.  


I chose one of the houses from the Gingerbread House Cookies image set and using the offset feature created a shadow layer for the house, then I flattened both layers together and made the house a print then cut image. The fun really kicked in when I began embellishing the house and slider with Eyelet Outlet gingerbread girl brad, holiday tree, sticky backed pearl heart, and a snowflake brad.


Hope all of our Eyelet Outlet fans are keeping cool in the heat wave and have a happy Fourth of July weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment