Saturday, January 22, 2022

Independence Day Fun Fold!

Hey everybody! I hope you've had a great week! Leslie here, sharing a July 4th fun fold! You know it and I know it... July 4th will be here in the blink of an eye! I'm a certified fun fold geek and have a couple file folder pockets (each about 4" thick) full of tutorials that I've collected or created myself over the years. Today's zig-zag fold is one of my own designs that I went one step further on and die cut two round apertures to see the fireworks through, which I thought was a fun touch!



I cut the card base from white cardstock, two narrow embellishing strips from blue cardstock, and layering panels from assorted coordinated patriotic papers. Using a round die, I die cut circular apertures into the first and second sections. I stamped the fireworks on one of the negative space circular die cuts and adhered it to the third section to be seen through the apertures. I stamped the main sentiment in red ink on white cardstock, cut it with a rectangular die and adhered it along the top of the first section. I used our blue and white Patriotic Enamel Stars to embellish all three inside sections. I affixed a hat from our Flag & Hat Brads to the second section adjacent to another stamped sentiment.


 
I cut the back panel from white cardstock and embellished it with a scrap from one of the patterned papers used on the front along with a narrow strip of blue cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in red ink, added a flag from our Flag & Hat Brads and some Patriotic Enamel Stars, and layered the panel on the blue cardstock. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!


Leslie Turner
Blog / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment