Friday, April 6, 2018

A Good Puddle!

TGIF crafty friends!  Susie here with another ATC*!

The weather lately has been a little rainy and it has me thinking of April showers and that always reminds me of my daughter stomping through puddles with her ladybug rain boots and her ladybug umbrella!  What a picture!  Anyway, that happy memory is the precise reason I own these stamps. Time to play... 



I stamped a 2.5" x 3.5" piece of watercolor paper with Archival Ink.  The image was very mottled because of the texture of the paper so I pulled out my black marker and filled in the silhouette to a nice solid black.  A little mix of blue watercolor paint gave me the puddles I was looking for but I wanted to show a SPLASH!  



Eyelet Outlet to the rescue with these wonderful Water Splat Brads.  They come 12 in a pack with a mix of 2 shades of blue.  Perfect! 



Here is the finished ATC.  



I matted it with black cardstock and attached it to a very simple card base with Zots - my "go to" adhesive!  



And here is the finished card - and a few extra ATC's I would love to share!  



If you are interested in one of the extras, leave me a comment over on my Facebook or Instagram pages and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie  


Susie Bentz:  My Time to Play


Materials for Puddle ATC Card:

Eyelet Outlet Water Splat Brads
Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Sets - Puddles, Splish Splash
Archival Ink
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen big brush
Prima watercolor paper and paint
Therm O Web Zots

*Artist Trading Card - 2.5" x 3.5" piece of original art made in any medium and intended to be traded with other artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment