Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Missed the Boat


Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

As a child, I loved going to vacation bible school.  One of my favorite Bible stories was about Noah.  I loved how he built an ark to hold two of every animal to save them from a flood after forty days of rain.  My card today, which I call, "Missing the Boat", is based on my recollection of the story; with a little touch of humor.

I used the Baby Animal brads as they worked perfectly with my idea.   I have plans for the rest of the pack which I hope to share with you soon.  Aren't they adorable?

 And here's my card:


To set the scene for these cuties, I started with a rectangle of pale gray.  I wanted to give it the appearance of rain, so I stamped lightly with Basic Gray Ink using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I stamped a second time with VersaMark and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  The panel was matted with Early Espresso card stock I used for the top layer of the ark.

To make the clouds, I used this cut file.   For the land and water borders, I freehand cut one piece of green, two medium blue, and one light blue card stocks.  To give the appearance of whitecaps on the water, I used white Nuvo Drops.

The ark was cut using free clip art I found here.  I added some lines to resemble planks in my Silhouette design screen and cut the top layer in dark brown with a solid outline in a lighter brown.  The animals fit snugly in the ark; safe and sound for the rough seas ahead.  The faces of the lions work so well with the sentiment, don't you think? ;-)



This card provides lighthearted support and encouragement and lets the recipient know, "I can relate".  I used the AR Cent font for both the greeting and sentiment.



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today.  I hope to see you again.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment