Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Some Eggs-ceptional Cards

Hello everyone.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Sounds prideful, doesn't it?  Actually, it's the brads that are egg-ceptional; both literally and figuratively!  And I have to say I really enjoy working with these.  Here's a link to the Egg Brads, just in case you want to get some for yourself.  There are also Colored Egg Brads in the store; I used them previously on this Easter card.

I can't wait to show you this first card because it's one of my favorites.  Then again, I have a lot of favorite Eyelet Outlet cards!



In addition to the egg brads, I used the Canister, Cooking, Mixer & Cup, and Baking Brads.  The combination couldn't have been better for this card and the patterned paper called Cooking Time from Crave Designs was a perfect way to tie it all together.

But as to the question, "How do I like my eggs?" 

Well, here's my answer which you find just by lifting the flap:



The cute muffin tin has wells in it for the batter to go, so I filled them!  I used the White Pearl Bling Strips.

Next up, I have a cute card to give anyone of whom you're proud just to let them know.  If would also be nice to send to someone who needs a little confidence boost.



This time I put the little egg in a nest, perched nicely on a branch adorned with the Stitched Flower.

I used several different cut files from the Silhouette store, but the base was made using this file.  I changed the size of the card to 3 1/2" x 6" and cut it from Soft Sky cardstock by Stampin' Up.   The Cloudy Day embossing folder helps add some interest to the card front.  I cut the branch twice and snipped off the leaves; running them through the crimper before attaching them atop the branch.  Here's a closer look:



Inside, a little play on words for the sentiment.

 Thanks for visiting today.  I am egg-ceptionally happy you stopped by.

 
Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment