Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Lovely Mom!



Happy Mother's day!  When I saw that I was scheduled to post my design on Mother's Day I was a bit apprehensive. I haven't made a Mother's Day card since my mother passed away a little over a year and a half ago.  I admit I wasn't sure what kind of emotions would surface as I started my design process as my mother and I were terrific friends and she was such a lovely lady and I miss her.  I was stuck.  I then did something I never thought I would do.  I asked her.  Through my thoughts I asked her what she would like to see on a card from me as a gift to her for all her years of giving, of sacrifice and of love.  The card below is what I made....for her, my friend, my confidante....my mom.




I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background, Origami paper for the folded petals of the flower, gold washi tape for the band and around the frame of the sentiment and green enamel dots from Eyelet outlet.  The stem is from Silhouette America.  For something extra special I used the beautiful humming birds from Rubbernecker Stamps "Springtime Inchies" and I am absolutely in love with this stamp set!! I colored them with my Copic Markers and fussy cut them out.  I wanted to make them appear to flutter and I achieved this by adhering them to thin strips of acetate.




Thank you Mom for your inspiration and for everything you did for me.  I appreciate you and love you.  Happy Mother's day to all the Mother's out there, we love you and we appreciate you!


2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card, barry, as always! i love hearing the story as well. i'm positive your mom was (& is) as proud as a lady can be! ♥

    ReplyDelete