Sunday, May 29, 2016

Thoughts of You

Stamping is such therapy for all sorts of ills. It doesn't "fix" things, but it certainly allows whatever I am feeling to take its course and allows a calmness to return. Yesterday a dear friend passed away and making this sympathy card for his wife helped me with all the emotions I was feeling. Does creating something do that for you? It's a blessing and a help,
I think!

This was a simple card to make. I used the Reverse Masking Technique by cutting a circle frame and then sponging on the inside with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I kept the frame intact and stamped my group of flowers from Long Stemmed Silhouettes from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, then removed the frame and stamped the sentiment so it would be part way out of the sponged circle. I added some Pink Pearl Bling and a little Coloring Book Butterfly Brad from Eyelet Outlet for embellishments.

 

I hope that whatever you create today brings you joy -- and peace!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, especially with the butterfly brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your friend's wife will be touched to receive such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sympathy cards are the HARDEST to make, imo, but this one is surpassingly lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete