Sunday, May 21, 2023

I'm Kind of a Pig Deal!


 Hello friends! Sometimes I find that I feel like the creative mojo has just up and left me! Do you ever feel that way? One thing that always gets me going again is a visit to the card area of a retail store. In particular, I like to look at Papyrus brand cards. They are mass made but they have all the elements of handmade cards we love - except for the $8 to $12 price! On one of those trips this weekend, I saw a card that had the sentiment I used here - I'm kind of a PIG deal. Not only was it clever, I knew I had a brad for that! Hahaha!

This is a mini-slimline white card base that measures 3 1/2" x 6" when folded. I really like this size because I like that it's long and skinny but not as big as the typical slimline card. It automatically creates a more interesting look than the standard A2 size. The elements on this card would just not work as satisfyingly on an A2 card. Probably it's because the framed pig piece would be too small by itself. It would need to be further matted to take enough real estate up to look right on it. But on this size, no extra fuss or muss is needed to make it work.

Here I used two washi tapes - Brick and Grass. Then I placed my animals using the Pig and Sheep Brads, Horse and Pony Brads, and the Rooster Brads. I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it. Then I placed a Pig Brad and framed it with an animal ephemera frame I've had a long time. Bonus! It always feels great to use your stash. :) This card in no way resembles the card I saw in the store except for the sentiment and pig image. However, it gave me the idea I needed to create this version. 

To finish it, I applied Champagne Jewel Bling Strip and placed a couple single gems that I cut on the pig ephemera. This is clean and simple but I found it so satisfying to make.  

Below are the links to the products I used from Eyelet Outlet.

Shopping List:

Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit the store for all your brads, washi tape, bling and paper flowers!

Happy Creating Everyone!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment