Friday, August 25, 2023

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Part 1

As a child, my mom used to sing that song every year right around the start of school and I didn’t quite understand why. Many years later, when I became a parent myself, I got it and would sing that song at the top of my lungs so my neighbors could hear..hahaha. 

Although it may be a small reprieve for us parents, all the teachers out there are singing the same song but for a different reason!  They cannot wait to see our kids again and start the school year off with a bang!!

With schools starting back up, I though this is the perfect time to honor our teachers who devote their time, creativity and patience to our littles and to the bus drivers that safely get our littles to and from school. Truly Unsung Heroes! 

With the help of many different embellishments from Eyelet Outlet, I was able to bring this four-piece Back to School collection to life!

The Apple Floral Arrangement would be a perfect gift for any teacher to have sitting on their desk. It’s approximately 6” tall and made with 95% paper!

For the adorable little worm, I used Dark Blue Glitter Washi Tape for his spots and two tiny black Pearl Bling for his eyes.

The highlights on the apple are made by using the Gold and Silver Print Glitter Washi Tape. Perfect amount of sparkle. All the leaves have been embossed to give it a more realistic look. 

My absolute FAVORITE part of this piece are the FLOWERS! I made these from the White Paper Flowers that I inked with yellow and orange distressed inks.  You could never tell they were once white! In the center of each flower is a 12mm Black Jewel Brad

THESE FLOWERS!!! 

Here's another fun gift for that special teacher!  A Crayon Treat Box! 

This, too, is made from cardstock and pieced together to make this fun treat box. It can be filled with anything but I thought what teacher wouldn’t love some sparkly washi tape so I filled it with the Silver Star Glitter Washi Tape and the Green Patterned Glitter Washi Tape.  On the front of the box, you will notice a bright and shiny apple from the Apple Brads collection.  The very top has two Foam Hand brads dangling from a ruler letting our teacher know that they are #1!

Want to see more from the collection? Stay tuned! 

The rest of the collection will be revealed tomorrow!!


SHOPPING LIST

Have a wonderful week and always be STRATE UP CRAFTY!

💗Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment