Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Let's Get Cooking

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

One of the new clear stamp sets by Eyelet Outlet has a cooking theme.  It coordinates with quite a few brads including Cooking, Baking, Cupcake, and Cookies.  I bet you could think of a few more, too.

On this card, I stamped the image on the scalloped rectangle with purple ink.  I stamped it again on turquoise and gray in black. I cut around the outside of the colored cardstock ovens.  To provide some dimension I cut the center from the turquoise piece and layered that over the gray.  Do you remember the good old days when stoves were actually made in this color?

I attached the cookie tin on the oven rack and filled it with Pink Pearl Bling.  I thought a cute touch would be to attach the oven mitt on the tray and Black Pearl Bling as the knobs.  To adorn the sides of the panel, I used two sizes of Pink Pearl Bling.  On the lower corners of the center step card, I added cupcake.  I didn't share the inside of the card as I wanted to showcase the stamp, but it says, "one cupcake at a time"



With the second stamp, I paired it with the oven mitt and cookie tray.  I think it would have worked equally well with the pan.  I think the Cactus Washi Tape would be a cute combo with it as well.  If you're interested, the card base I made was from a cut file in the Silhouette store.  I reminded me of an oven rack.



I'm looking forward to using the remaining stamps in the set and also seeing what the rest of the design team does as well.  Stay tuned for future posts featuring the other new sets!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards? Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment