Tuesday, May 15, 2018

So Lucky

Hi there.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

In honor of Mother's Day earlier this week, I'm sharing a card featuring Eyelet Outlet's new Horse and Tree Brads and an oldie but goodie, the Sun & Cloud Brads.  They're part of the new release coming soon to the store, so keep checking for them and all the other new brads.

To make my card, I started with a 5 1/2" square card base and then decided to cut about 3" off the.  I used a lucky horseshoe cut file from the Silhouette store, created an offset and welded it to the front of the card in the design studio.

For the horseshoe and mat, I cut watercolor paper for a great textural look.  It was colored with distress inks as they blend so beautifully.  To create the hill, I used a mask cut from scrap paper.  I cut the greeting in the mat, removed it and colored it with the same color distress ink as the horseshoe and then placed the letters back in the opening.  With the bit of scrap left, I punched the corner pieces...it's been years since I used that corner punch.



The inside of the horseshoe was the perfect spot for Momma horse and her mare under the shade of the trees.  The open area on the mat was calling for something...what better than some sunshine!  Here's a closer look at the brads.  You can also see that I embossed the back of the card with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder by Stampin' Up.



Inside a simple yet sincere sentiment for Mom.  This would be a great card to give any mom, horse lover or not.


Eyelet Outlet has a number of barnyard animal brads.  Here's a card I made with the Pig and here's another with the whole gang!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment