Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Picture Perfect

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.


I've had fun working with the Selfie Brads by Eyelet Outlet, so I decided to work with them again today.  Those little cell phones are so adorable!


In addition, I used a stamp set by Art Impressions.  I think this stamp and brads were made for each other.  In fact, together they're Picture Perfect!  What do you think?



I can relate to women "of a certain age", who don't necessarily hear what's being said.  Sometimes it's like that game of  Whisper Down the Lane.  So, I thought I'd have a little fun with these girlfriends...having a conversation...of sorts.  Here's a closer look at what they're saying:

 


With a bit of masking, I eliminated the cell phone from the stamped image and inserted the brad.  And another look at the cellphone...doesn't it fit in her hand perfectly?



I cut the card front in my Silhouette just for something a little different.  I actually used a balloon shape as a template.  For a bit of cheerful color, I cut a mat of Whisper White and covered it with Striped Washi Tape.  I added it to a mat of Melon Mambo card stock, allowing just a sliver of color to show.






I added the Selfie brad and tucked the banner underneath.  And then, befitting these stylish ladies, I added a Clear Jewel Bling Strip around the perimeter.  Taking my cue from the washi tape, I colored the bling with Copic markers...they take color beautifully.

 Inside, a cute sentiment which plays off the image:



I purchased a number of stamps at Art Impressions because I have grand plans of including them in my Eyelet Outlet projects.  So, if you like them, stay tuned!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment