Thursday, January 12, 2023

Date Night

I believe the key to a happy marriage is laughter. For that matter, laughter is the key to a happy life in general.  When I saw the sentiment I used on today's project, I had a hearty laugh and I am certain my husband will too when he receives this Valentine.  


This little interactive card is called a peek-a-boo slider card.  I learned the technique from Jennifer McGuire on YouTube and adapted the measurements in a Cricut Design Space file to make with my Cricut.  The font of the card features a little window with "date night" penciled in on the calendar for Valentine's Day.  The Eyelet Outlet wine bottle and wine glasses are surrounded by some of our enamel hearts and some sticky backed bling in the center of the flowers.

As  the card opens, the magic happens and the picture in the window changes to a different picture altogether!  


Here's a little video of the card in action!
 

If you're a Cricut crafter and would like to give this particular card a try, I've shared the file on my Cricut Profile.  You can also see Jennifer McGuire's YouTube video for details on making this type of card with your paper trimmer and round punch.


Happy Crafting from Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment