Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Gnome Alone

I (Lauren) come from a family that loves puns, and luckily that skill is appreciated in my role as an Eyelet Outlet Design Team Member. When I saw the adorable (g)new Gnome 2 Brads and Mushroom Washi Tape I couldn't wait to use them together with a suitably punny sentiment!


I couldn't decided whether to use the tape as a background or as part of my sentiment, so I decided to do both! I made two mini slimline cards, which each measure about 3.25 x 6.25". For the first, I applied the Mushroom Tape to some plain white cardstock, diecut the letters of "GNOME", added a pair of Gnomes to the M and E, and set the whole thing against a strip of Grass Washi. For the second card, I framed a single strip of the same Mushroom Tape with strips of Glitter Red Washi and Brick Tape, then stamped the sentiment and the little mushroom house from Lawn Fawn's Gnome Sweet Gnome stamp set. I added a Gnome 2 Brad in front of the house, and a Sun and Cloud Brad to the scene. Since I had used the Red, Green and Brown Gnomes from the set, it seemed wrong not to make an extra little tag for the Blue Gnome to inhabit; it features the same Mushroom and Grass Tapes, plus letters cut from Wood Washi and a couple of Bee Brads up at the top.


If you can't get enough Gnomes, there are still a few original EO Gnome Brads in stock and they're on sale... while they last!


likes gnomes... and gnome puns...
and puns generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment